Prof. Agamagamed K. Radzhabov
Head of InstituteDr. of Sc. (Agricultural Science)
Tel: 7 499 976 49 06
Postal address: Timiryazevskaya str., 55
The Faculty of Horticulture was formally established in 1929, but its history goes back to 1865 and the time of the opening of the University. At that time there was a park with hothouses, an orchard with a nursery, a vegetable garden and a nursery for ornamental plants. The present name of the Faculty - Horticulture and Landscape design.
Departments of the Institute
Training at the Faculty combines theoretical courses with a practical training in special laboratories and at experimental stations. The Faculty has wide professional contacts with research institutions and production establishments.
The Faculty comprises several training and experimental stations and laboratories, including laboratories of fruit growing and vegetable growing, laboratory of viticulture, the laboratory of floriculture, laboratories of bio-physics and seed hydrophobization, a plant breeding station, a botanical garden, an arboretum, and a laboratory of genetics, biotechnology and selection of vegetable crops.
Faculty members include more than 100 professors, associate professors, senior lecturers, assistants and research workers. Faculty members are the authors of textbooks and practicum books on fruit growing, vegetable growing, selection and seed growing, ornamental gardening, medicinal plants and viticulture which are all widely used by Russian agrarian educational institutions.
The main research areas of the Faculty:
B. Sc. programs
M. Sc. programs