Adress: 127550, Moscow, Timiryazevskaya ul., 49 Building 1
Tel.: + 7 499 977 10 33
Nina I. Dunchenko, Prof. Dr. Sci
The Faculty of Food Technology was established in 2004 to train specialists in the field of production and processing of agricultural produce (plant and animal produce).
Training at the Faculty is provided by 5 Departments:
- Storage, processing technologies and merchandizing of plant origin produce
- Storage and processing technologies of fruits and vegetables
- Storage and processing technologies of animal origin produce
- Processes and Devices of Food Processing Industry
- Commodity quality management and merchandizing
There are 10 professors and 20 associate professors holding PhD degrees and a corresponding member of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Faculty members are the authors of textbooks on standardization and certification processes, storage and processing technologies of plant products and manuals for agricultural education.
The main research areas at the Faculty:
- chemical composition, merchandizing and the primary storage characteristics of fruits and vegetables
- preservation methods of fruits and vegetables
- process management and the use of machinery in the food industry
- food microbiology and technology.