Adress: 127550, Moscow, Timiiyazevskaya ul., 49, Building 5
Phone: (495) 976-0236, (495) 976-1447
Tel.: + 7 499 976 0236, 976 1447
Prof, PhD (Agriculture)
Yusup A. Yuldashbaev
The Faculty of Animal Science and Biology is one of the oldest faculties of the University. Its history goes back to 1865 when the animal husbandry section was established as a structural unit of the Agricultural Division of the Academy. It has existed as an independent Faculty since 1934.
Training in animal sciences is provided by 9 Departments:
- Animal Physiology, Ethology and Biotechnology
- Aquaculture and Bee-Keeping
- Automation and Mechanization in Animal Husbandry
- Beef and Dairy Cattle Breeding
- Horse Breeding
- Morphology and Veterinary Sciences
- Special Animal Husbandry
- Feeding and Breeding of Farm Animals
The Faculty has at its disposal many facilities where students can carry out their experiments: the horse-riding hall, poultry farm, apiary, laboratory of animal physiology and pathology, laboratory of quality assessment and certification of honey production and the laboratory of animal husbandry analyses.
The scientists of the Faculty are the authors of the Russian textbooks on animal husbandry which are widely used by students of other Russian institutions and universities.
The main research areas of the faculty:
- biology and reproduction of animals and fish;
- optimization of animal nutrition rations with an emphasis on additives and new forage plants
- improvement of productive characters of animals.