Address: 127550, Moscow, Timiryazevskaya ul., 49 building 3.
Tel/Fax: 7 499 976 3981; 976 1825
Aleksandr Soloviev, Prof., PhD (Agro)
The Faculty of Agronomy and Biotechnology is one of the oldest Faculties of the University. Nowadays over 1400 undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate students study at the Faculty each year. The faculty consists of 130 lecturers including 3 academicians and 3 corresponding members of Russian Academy of Sciences, 6 Honored Workers of the Russian Higher Educational System. There are 40 lecturers with PhD degrees.
There are 6 Departments at the Faculty:
- Soil management and field research methods
- Plant production and Meadow cultivation
- Plant physiology
- Genetics, Biotechnology, Breeding and Seed Breeding of Field Crops
- Plant protection
- Meteorology and climatology
The practical training and research are provided at the Plant Breeding Station, Precision Farming Center, Laboratory of Microclonal Plant Reproduction, Field Plant Station, Molecular Biotechnology Center, Plant Protection Station, Observatory and the Sport Turf Grass Center.
The main research areas of the Faculty:
- ecological and biological farming;
- precision farming;
- improvement of plant productivity in various agricultural systems;
- increasing the productivity of forage lands;
- developing methods of forage conservation and storage;
- developing technologies for creation and management of turf grasses;
- cytogenetic research of field crops - genetics and cytological engineering, biochemical mechanisms of plant resistance to stresses, molecular biotechnology, plant biochemistry and regulation of plant vegetation processes;
- plant protection research - physiology of pests and diseases, ecological and genetic structure and dynamics in pest populations and development of an integrated plant protection system.
Graduates of the Faculty can work in different branches of agriculture, state management organizations, state plant protection services, customs service, research institutions, and municipal bodies.